Liikuntaseteli vouchers and Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli vouchers
Smartum Liikuntaseteli is a payment instrument with a value of €4.00, which can be used to pay for exercise services. Smartum Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli is a voucher with a value of €5.00, which can be used to pay for exercise and culture services.
The exercise and culture services that the tax exempt exercise and culture benefit can be used to pay for are defined by the Finnish Tax Administration. The benefit covers most types of exercise and culture.
Accepting vouchers at the cash register
Smartum Liikuntasetelit vouchers and Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli vouchers are personal. A customer may only use them to pay for his or her own purchases, not for the purchases of family members, for example. Vouchers must always be accepted as payment at their nominal value (€4.00 or €5.00) and paying by voucher must not result in any additional fees. A customer may use one or more vouchers at a time and vouchers can also be used to pay for products that are on sale. The vouchers may not be exchanged for cash and no change may be provided for them.
When accepting Liikuntaseteli vouchers or Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli vouchers, please check the following:
- that the voucher is intact and authentic, and that it has not been marked as used. A genuine voucher has a watermark that can be seen when the voucher is held against a light.
- the period of validity. Outdated vouchers cannot be accepted.
- that the user's name is written on the back of the voucher. You can ask the customer to provide identification if necessary. If there is no name written on the voucher, ask the customer to write their name on the voucher.
You can verify the identity of a Liikuntaseteli or Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli voucher user in one of two ways:
- by comparing the information on the customer's identity document to the name written on the back of the voucher.
- by logging in to the Smartum online service using your login details. Go to the Setelitunnistus (voucher verification) section and enter the serial number of the voucher (without the first zero, spaces or its value 0400>/0500>). If the employer maintains an electronic distribution list, the name of the voucher holder will appear on the screen.
Redeeming tickets with a power of attorney
Smartum Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli is a personal benefit, which can only be used by the designated employee. However, if, for example, a work group would like to the theatre together and all the employees have Liikunta- ja kulttuuriseteli vouchers, one person from the group can be authorised to redeem everyone's tickets. In this case the person needs to be given a power of attorney, which must identify every user's name, the serial numbers of their vouchers and include their signatures for confirmation. The power of attorney must be presented at the cash register of the cultural venue. The power of attorney does not need to follow any specific format. A template for the power of attorney can be found on Smartum's website.
Smartum Lounasseteli vouchers
Accepting vouchers at the cash register
Smartum Lounas payment instruments are intended only for the acquisition of personal meal benefits for the employee, and can therefore only be used as payment for the employee's own meals. The service provider must ensure that the services paid for using Smartum Lounas payment instruments conform to the meal benefit instructions. According to the effective instructions of the Finnish Tax Administration, a lunch benefit may be used for meals only, and is not to be exchanged for money, foodstuffs, or other commodities
It is also important to make sure that the customer only pays for their own meal using the Smartum Lounas payment instrument. Payments made using Smartum payment instruments may not be exchanged for money, and the customer may not receive change for the purchase.
- Smartum Lounas can be offered in the form of vouchers with different values. The value is specified on the voucher. Currently there are seven different values of Smartum vouchers in circulation: €8.20, €8.70, €9.00, €9.70, €10.00, €10.20 and €10.30.
- No extra fees may be charged for payment with Smartum Lounasseteli vouchers. The vouchers may not be exchanged for cash and no change may be provided for them. Any sums exceeding the voucher value may be paid in cash or using another payment method. According to the instructions of the Finnish Tax Administration, the customer may not use multiple vouchers at a time.
- The appearance of the vouchers is developed in accordance with the wishes we receive. However, the identifiable look of the vouchers will be maintained.
- Ensure that the voucher is intact and authentic, and that it has not been marked as used (see Marking vouchers as used). In order to prevent counterfeiting, Smartum Lounasseteli vouchers are always printed at a security printing house, and they feature numerous security features. You can identify an authentic voucher from the consecutive serial number or by looking at the voucher against a light source, for example. The voucher is printed on watermarked paper. Smartum will only pay the service provider for authentic vouchers.
- Check the validity of the voucher. Outdated vouchers cannot be accepted.
- Smartum Lounasseteli vouchers are a personal benefit. Customers may only use them pay for their own meals.
Marking vouchers as used
Received Smartum Lounasseteli vouchers are marked as used by crossing out the euro sum in the upper left corner with a pen. The vouchers are read with an optical device, which means that you must not add annotations in the white area at the bottom.